What does it take to create a short film in 48 hours? Whether you're participating in PRIMAA's fast-approaching Franitc48 event or just want to get out and be creative, this course is for you!
Learn step-by-step what it takes from two instructors who have been there before.
David Ross has been a director for the past 16 years and has worked every job available on a film set. He has worked on commercials for brands such as Nike, Air Miles, Mastercard, Uber, LG and more.
Creating and working on music videos, films, and countless more projects.
David's list of notable competitions:
- Post-it commercial contest winner
- International Air Show Marketing award for video
- Doritos commercial contest finalist x2 entries
- Mountain Dew commercial contest finalist
- Windsor International Film Fest 48 hour film fest - Best picture, People’s Choice, best Cinematography, Best score, Best editing
- Clearly Contacts commercial contest winner.
- Best Christian music video award for Gloria by Studio Symphony
- Hamilton 24 Hour Film Fest - 2nd Place and People’s Choice
- PRIMA frightening 48 film fest - Best Cinematography and People’s Choice
- PRIMA frantic 48 film fest - Best Cinematography and People’s Choice
- Straight 8 Film Fest - winner
Leanne Bausman has been a cinematographer for the past 5 years on the ground and as a cinematic drone operator. She has shot for BC Hydro, Surerus Murphy, AFDE, and more. Creating and working on music videos, documentaries, and films.
Leanne's list of notable film competitions:
- PRIMAA frightening 48 film fest - Best Cinematography and People’s Choice
- PRIMAA frantic 48 film fest - Best Cinematography and People’s Choice
- Straight 8 Film Fest - winner"
Introductions & signing up for the frantic
Optimal Crew Sizes
Does gear matter
Locations are more important than you think
Tone and genre are your best friends
Q&A with instructors
Framing shots with time in mind - Lesson in efficient creativity
Common issues on hectic shoots
How to harness available light
Shooting for the edit
Q&A with David Ross & Leanne Bausman
When: March 25 and 26, 9:00 A.M. -12:00 P.M., MST.
The course will start promptly at 9 A.M., so please connect 5 minutes early.
Where: Online. A link will be emailed.